The PortuSwiz mole, Toup!

From our Editorial Staff
Website Admin
User avatar
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 0:00

The PortuSwiz mole, Toup!

Postby Prime-Squadron » Sun Jul 29, 2012 16:30

The PortuSwiz mole, Toup!
Interview by: davies


Finally, after having to wait for a long time a new interview has arrived. I wanted to interview another regular this time, but one I didn't know very well yet. Soon I caught up with Toup# on the servers and he agreed on an interview. It took me a while to put it together (due to personal life) but finally, here it is. Sit back, put your reading-glasses on and have fun whilst reading the interview with Toup!

So Toup, let's start off with some ET-related stuff:


• Your nickname is Toup, previously Toupeairo. It doesn't sound really Swiss, where does the name come from?

Easy one, when I was younger, around 3-4 years old I imagine, my parents called me "mole" (translated to toupeira in Portuguese) because I kept going under their covers hiding. My first nickname was Toupeirao, which came from toupeira. I then decided to erase the "eirao" to make it a little more catchy and easy to remember.


• So, what is favourite ET-class + weapon and why?

I'd say covert ops with a Sten when allies. FG42 when axis. I just like messing around with people's heads. As a covert ops you just have so many possibilities and you can actually help with the objective. I love killing with the satchel charge and stabbing people ^^


• Do you have any favourite maps?

There are so many... but I really enjoy a good match in Eagles 2 Ways!


• I must say, you sound like a sneaky little guy :> ! What do you dislike whilst playing ET, or what is a big annoyance to you?

People who ruin the game and fun just for the hell of it. I also find people who can actually be good with the flamethrower a pain the butt :p


• When did you actually start playing ET and on the PS Servers?

Hard to remember but I started playing ET around 2005 I reckon, and on PS servers in 2006.


• How do you see the future, for Enemy Territory as a game?

This one is tricky, every game eventually dies and the community loses interest in it. Of course, I don't see new players starting to play ET but there will always be a certain group of people who will meet up and play a few games. If you ask me about the future of PS as a community, I say it has a lot of potential. Until now, I say it has done a good job. Not many games stay hot for 10 years, do they?



Now looking at your personal life:

• What is your real name?


João


• And what is your age?

16 years


• Does João have any favourite kind of food?

Francesinha, Portuguese special :>


• And what do you want to drink with this lovely dinner?

Just a coke... We don't want to get in trouble do we? ^^


• Do you have any pets or animals living in/around your property (except Toup the mole of course)?

Not at the moment unfortunately, I did use to have a Doberman before I moved, but since then, no pets :>


• I heard you are a student, what do you study?

I have to concentrate on French, I guess, other than that, your usual high school courses.


• And what do you like besides going to college?

I'm a big football fan and I play it, other than that, I like running after a day of school.


• You're originally Portuguese, but you now live in Switzerland, what do you miss the most about Portugal?

The beach, the friends and the weather. But you have to move on, I guess :>


• On the other side, there must also be good things in Switzerland that weren't there in Portugal, are there?

Of course, lots o' chocolate and snow. But it's a totally different country so it's hard to pick good things and bad things. I'm still finding out more about it every day. Not been here long enough yet ^^


• Okay Toup, with that we shall finish the interview, thanks for answering all my questions. Anything left you want to say? :>

Thanks for making ET awesome to play. The best part about it is the community :D

Server High Admin
User avatar
Posts: 2605
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 0:00
Location: Italy

Postby FlowerPower » Sun Jul 29, 2012 17:13

I remember the first spammy days here of the young Toup :D

Nice interview Davies!

Official Member
User avatar
Posts: 766
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:00
Location: Everywhere.

Re: The PortuSwiz mole, Toup!

Postby ckEy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 18:22

Prime-Squadron wrote:I then decided to erase the "eirao" to make it a little more catchy and easy to remember.


You failed, miserably :>. But in all a nice interview about my fellow co-narrator ;-).

Official Member
User avatar
Posts: 2912
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:00
Location: Classified.

Re: The PortuSwiz mole, Toup!

Postby SpyCow » Sun Jul 29, 2012 18:36

Prime-Squadron wrote:I love killing with the satchel charge and stabbing people ^^


Oh dear... 8O

Anyway, nice interview! :D
Image
Image :wth:

Official Member
User avatar
Posts: 1457
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:00
Location: Netherlands

Postby Death » Sun Jul 29, 2012 21:00

N1 toupie :)

@flower: the days of the young toup? he is still young lol! :D
Image

<icy> seems a guy i know from seeing gave it to me on the mens toilet

Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2714
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:00
Location: Finland

Postby sau » Sun Jul 29, 2012 22:23

Well it was pretty interesting interview. Could have been a bit longer so we could have got more information. ;)

-*S
S.S.Atrocity wrote:Im pretty sure Saukko will have pages worth of bugs found before anyone knows about the release...lol

Official Member
User avatar
Posts: 766
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:00
Location: Everywhere.

Postby ckEy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 22:55

Death wrote:@flower: the days of the young toup? he is still young lol! :D


Just as you are ... forever low, erhm I mean young :>.

Server High Admin
User avatar
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:00

Postby carebear » Mon Jul 30, 2012 0:52

nice to see that the community has not only old farts :)

Server High Admin
Posts: 1194
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 0:00
Location: Dommelen from dommelsch beer;)

Postby blazing » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:33

toup smells like an old poop though carebear :lol:

nice interview some things i didnt knew about him yet,

think im going to watch a footballmatch in swiss soon short pants toup on field <3
Image

thanks diamond:)

Official Member
User avatar
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00
Location: DTC :)

Postby Pasglop » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:25

nice Toupie !

Hummm, old farts ?


:twisted:

Official Member
User avatar
Posts: 636
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 0:00

Postby wuju » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:27

Someone called me ?


Nice interview :D
Image

Server High Admin
User avatar
Posts: 2924
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 0:00
Location: Finland

Postby GoldenBullet » Mon Jul 30, 2012 14:26

• So, what is favourite ET-class + weapon and why?

I'd say covert ops with a Sten when allies. FG42 when axis. I just like messing around with people's heads. As a covert ops you just have so many possibilities and you can actually help with the objective. I love killing with the satchel charge and stabbing people ^^


Goldenbullet approves this message.
Nice interview once again! It's a pleasure reading these :)

Server High Admin
User avatar
Posts: 2975
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 0:00
Location: Warsaw/Jomsborg

Postby Daghel » Mon Jul 30, 2012 15:37

Nice article.
'Mole" match perfectly to your ingame skills. (Moles are almost blind) :D
Image
Chaos is the only true answer.

Server High Admin
User avatar
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:00

Postby carebear » Tue Jul 31, 2012 0:43

Daghel wrote:Nice article.
'Mole" match perfectly to your ingame skills. (Moles are almost blind) :D


HAHA nice point of view :loller:

Spam Kid
User avatar
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 0:00
Location: Italy

Postby Sc4r » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:26

Thanks for making ET awesome to play. The best part about it is the community


Right!!

Spam Kid
User avatar
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 0:00
Location: Italy

Postby Sc4r » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:27

Thanks for making ET awesome to play. The best part about it is the community


Right!!

Official Member
User avatar
Posts: 2912
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:00
Location: Classified.

Postby SpyCow » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:58

I was wondering... Do you even read when the last post was made? 8O
Image
Image :wth:

Spam Noob
User avatar
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 0:00
Location: Amsterdam Arena

Postby SasukeUchiha » Tue Oct 02, 2012 20:02

good interview

Return to Articles & Interviews

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests